If you work from home, you likely spend a lot of time in your home office, which makes its design just as important as the rest of your home. If it’s not up to par, it’s time to bring new life to the space.
A few easy updates will help you feel more comfortable and inspire you towards greater productivity:
- Let in light. Update your window treatment to maximize natural light and get more direct sunshine, and swap out drab lamps for eye-catching fixtures that offer brighter light. Make sure your office is a well-lit place where you can see what you’re doing without straining your eyes.
- Update your tools. Having up-to-date tools makes working in your home office that much more efficient and enjoyable. Swap out older tech with newer tools offering the latest advancements, such as Casio’s HR-170RC next generation compact printing calculator. It has a host of features, including two-color printing (red/black), a tax calculation function, a clock/calendar and a power adapter.
- Decorate. Ditch the bare walls and add an interesting focal point -- whether it’s a tapestry, cool shelving or an art print that matches your interests and inspires you creatively.
- Go green. It is said that certain plants and flowers can promote health at home. Add some plants or fresh cut flowers to your home office to reap the benefits.
- Get organized. Flight clutter and make important items and documents easier to locate with organizational tools like filing cabinets, folders and bins. A clean and tidy work zone will help you to feel more on top of your work, and may encourage you to form other great habits.